All Skills & Game Camp
August 1-3, 2022
Our All Skills Game Camp is a FUN, SAFE and HIGHLY INSTRUCTIONAL camp designed for players ages 8-12. Players will learn the fundamentals of Throwing, Catching, Base Running, Hitting, Fielding Ground Balls, Fielding Fly Balls and Situational Team Offense and Defense.
We will play a Controlled Coach Pitch Game every day to make all skill acquisition fun and applicable to a game setting. Games are instructional and constructive to help players learn the finer points of the game like situations and rules.
The Coaching Staff for this camp is headlined by former 10 year Major League Pitcher and recent 2x USA Baseball National Team Head Pitching Coach Scott Bankhead plus NC Baseball Academy Assistant Director Jeff Guerrie. Scott and Jeff work the camp daily with a dedicated staff of instructors to make this camp fun, safe and highly instructional to all ages and ability levels.
Typical Daily Camp Schedule
9:00 – 9:05 Daily Welcome of Campers and Agenda for the Day
9:05 – 9:25 Campers Break into Age-Appropriate Groups. Functional Warm Up and Stretch
9:25 – 9:40 Loosen Arms. Work on Proper Throwing Mechanics and Footwork Techniques
9:40 – 9:45 Water Break
9:45- 11:05 Station Work. Campers move to all workstations and work on fielding skill development. Infield play, OF play, Cut Off/Relay, Double Plays, Team Defense, Base Running and Situational Baseball.
*Water Breaks are given on every rotation to keep campers hydrated and cool.
11:05 – 11:55 Controlled Age-Appropriate Coach Pitch Game
11:55 -12:00 Closing Remarks by Staff. Camp is dismissed.
Camper Safety and Rules
- NO HAZING of other campers
- NO HORSE PLAY or Fighting Allowed
- Respect other campers equipment and gear
- NO TEASING of others
- Be on Time
- Wear Batting Helmets when hitting at all times.
- Put YOUR Equipment in your BAG
- When Throwing- eye contact is a must!
- Only throw balls and swing bats when instructed
- Have FUN, Listen and Work Hard! Most important Rule
What to Bring to Camp
- Comfortable Dress. Shorts or Baseball Pants
- Tennis Shoes and Baseball Cleats
- Baseball Hat
- Baseball Bat and Glove
- Drink is optional. Water will be served.
- Any Snack you may need.
- Batting Gloves if necessary
- Any medicine you may need. See Camp Director if special directions are needed.
Watching the Camp
NC Baseball Academy welcomes parents, grandparents and friends to all our camps to watch your child participate. Our baseball fields have bleachers and plenty of protective fencing to keep you safe. Warning: Sometimes batted balls or thrown balls make their way over these fences so extreme caution should be taken to always stay safe. Stay fully behind a fence and enjoy the excitement of watching your ballplayer perform.