The NC Baseball Academy All Skills GAME Camp is a FUN, SAFE and HIGHLY INSTRUCTIONAL camp designed for players ages 8-12. The All-Skills GAME Camp is a clinic style camp that incorporates all skill development aspects into one camp plus focuses more on game fundamentals and knowledge! Campers learn the fundamentals of Throwing, Catching, Base Running, Hitting, Fielding Ground Balls, Fielding Fly Balls and Situational Team Offense and Defense. Each camp day features a Controlled Coach Pitch Game to make all skill acquisition fun and applicable to a game setting. Games are instructional and constructive to help campers learn the finer points of the game like situations and rules. The All Sills Game Camp Staff is headlined by former 10 year Major League Pitcher and recent 2x USA Baseball National Team Head Pitching Coach Scott Bankhead plus NC Baseball Academy Assistant Director Jeff Guerrie. Scott and Jeff work the camp daily with a dedicated staff of instructors to make this camp fun, safe and highly instructional to all ages and ability levels. The All-Skills Game Camp is structured to allow each camper time with a multitude of coaches as they rotate around our camp stations to learn the finer points of playing the game and to apply skills in a game setting.
Camps begin at 9:00 am and concludes at 12:00 each day except for the All-Day Summer Camp which ends at 3:00 each day. Tuition includes all instruction and a camp tee shirt.
Typical Daily Camp Schedule
9:00 – 9:05 Daily Welcome of Campers and Agenda for the Day
9:05 – 9:25 Campers Break into Age-Appropriate Groups. Functional Warm Up and Stretch
9:25 – 9:40 Loosen Arms. Work on Proper Throwing Mechanics and Footwork Techniques
9:40 – 9:45 Water Break
9:45- 11:05 Station Work. Campers move to all workstations and work on fielding skill development. Infield play, OF play, Cut Off/Relay, Double Plays, Team Defense, Base Running and Situational Baseball.
*Water Breaks are given on every rotation to keep campers hydrated and cool.
11:05 – 11:55 Controlled Age-Appropriate Coach Pitch Game
11:55 -12:00 Closing Remarks by Staff. Camp is dismissed.
Camper Safety and Rules
- NO HAZING of other campers
- NO HORSE PLAY or Fighting Allowed
- Respect other campers equipment and gear
- NO TEASING of others
- Be on Time
- Wear Batting Helmets when hitting at all times.
- Put YOUR Equipment in your BAG
- When Throwing- eye contact is a must!
- Only throw balls and swing bats when instructed
- Have FUN, Listen and Work Hard! Most important Rule
What to Bring to Camp
- Comfortable Dress. Shorts or Baseball Pants
- Tennis Shoes and Baseball Cleats
- Baseball Hat
- Baseball Bat and Glove.( Depends on the camp )
- Drink is optional. Water will be served.
- Any Snack you may need.
- Batting Gloves if necessary
- Any medicine you may need. See Camp Director if special directions are needed.