Middle School ID Camp 2022 | NC Baseball Academy
The Middle School ID Camp at NC Baseball Academy is a two-day evaluation style camp for rising 6th, 7th and 8th graders. The game of baseball is trending towards a technology-based identification of players. Scott Bankhead and Jeff Guerrie will help you identify where your player ranks amongst todays middle school players around the country. Camp focuses on EVALUATING each campers Running Speed, Position Specific Throwing Speed and Hitting and Pitching skills using Rapsodo Analytical Data for full evaluation of each camper.
Over the course of this 2-day event., players will get an objective and unbiased look at how their skills and abilities match up compared to other middle school players. Each camper will receive a report of all the data we collect so they can understand the type of player they are today but most importantly how to use the data to improve for the future. Now is the time to know who you are as a player to better give yourself a chance to compete at the High School Level and beyond!
Dates: July 18 & 19
All Camps are Non-Refundable
Camps begin at 9:00 am and concludes at 12:00 each day except for the All Day Summer Camp which ends at 3:00 each day. Tuition includes all instruction and a camp tee shirt.
Typical Daily Camp Schedule
9:00 – 9:05 Daily Welcome of Campers and Agenda for the Day
9:05 – 9:15 break down the day’s evaluation categories
9:15 – 9:30 warm-up, light stretch, play catch to loosen arms.
9:40 – 9:45 Water Break, and divide players into groups
9:45- 11:55 Evaluations of hitting, pitching, defense, and running.
*Water Breaks are taken on every rotation to keep campers hydrated and cool
11:55 – 12:00 Closing Remarks by Staff. Camp is dismissed
Camper Safety and Rules
- NO HAZING of other campers
- NO HORSE PLAY or Fighting Allowed
- Respect other campers equipment and gear
- NO TEASING of others
- Be on Time
- Wear Batting Helmets when hitting at all times.
- Put YOUR Equipment in your BAG
- When Throwing- eye contact is a must!
- Only throw balls and swing bats when instructed
- Have FUN, Listen and Work Hard! Most important Rule
What to Bring to Camp
- Comfortable Dress. Shorts or Baseball Pants (Pants may be preferred as players will be wearing shin guards most of the day)
- Tennis Shoes and Baseball Cleats
- Baseball Hat/sunscreen
- Any baseball equipment that you would normally bring to a game
- Drink is optional. Water will be provided.
- Any Snack you may need
- Batting Gloves if necessary
- Any medicine you may need. See Camp Director if special directions are needed.
Watching the Camp
NC Baseball Academy welcomes parents, grandparents and friends to all our camps to watch your child participate. Our baseball fields have bleachers and plenty of protective fencing to keep you safe. Warning: Sometimes batted balls or thrown balls make their way over these fences so extreme caution should be taken to stay safe at all times. Stay fully behind a fence and enjoy the excitement of watching your ballplayer perform.
Directions to NC Baseball Academy
NC Baseball Academy
1137 Pleasant Ridge Rd
Greensboro, NC 27409
How to Register for Summer Camp | NC Baseball Academy
Click this link to go www.ncbaseball.com Camp page or call us 336-931-1118