RELEASE, INDEMNIFICATION AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT
Lesson, Clinic, Camp and Batting Cage Terms and Conditions
North Carolina Baseball Academy, Inc. Requires anyone wishing to sign up for lessons, camps, clinics or batting cage use to pre-pay, in full, at the time of scheduling, registering or purchasing tokens.
Tuition and registration fees for lessons, camps, clinics and batting cage tokens are non-refundable.
All Lesson Packages expire 1 year from the date of purchase. If you No-Show or Late Cancel (giving NCBA less than 3 hours notice) an appointment, you forfeit the appointment from your package and any fee associated with it.
In consideration of being allowed to participate in activities at The North Carolina Baseball Academy in any way, the parent and/or legal guardian of the participant and the participant themselves acknowledge, appreciate, and agree that:
- The risk of injury and/or illness from the activities involved in athletic programs are significant, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury/illness does exist.
- The risk to have contact with individuals who have been exposed to and/or have been diagnosed with one or more communicable diseases, including but not limited to COVID-19 or other medical conditions, diseases, or maladies does exist, and it is impossible to eliminate the risk of exposure to and/or infection through contact with or close proximity with an individual with a communicable disease/illness.
- Batting Cage Area. Helmets’ are required when using the batting cage area. All youth must be supervised by a responsible adult over the age of 18. Only one person in each batting cage at a time. Bats are to by swung inside the cages only. Gates are to be closed at all times. All participants and/or spectators assume full responsibility for any injuries incurred.
- Participants knowingly and freely assume all such risks, both known and unknown, and assume full responsibility for their own participation.
By acknowledging and agreeing to The North Carolina Baseball Academy’s Terms of Service, I agree to and verify all of the following:
- I am the parent of or legal guardian for the minor that will participate in the program;
- As parent/legal guardian with legal responsibility for this youth participant, I consent and agree to personally assume all risks of his/her participation;
- That the date of birth of the participant is correct;
- I, for myself and/or on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, hereby release and hold harmless The North Carolina Baseball Academy, their employees, and other program participants with respect to any and all injury, illness, disability, death, or loss or damage to person or property;
- I give consent to The North Carolina Baseball Academy and its staff to take photographs and/or videos of the youth participant, and consent to the distribution of this media for any legal use, including but not limited to: publicity, illustration, advertising, and web content. Furthermore, I understand that no royalty, fee or other compensation shall become payable to me by reason of such use;
- I have read this release of liability and assumption of risk agreement, before acknowledging the checkbox, fully understand its terms, and understand that I have given up substantial rights by agreeing to it on my own behalf or on behalf of the youth participant I represent, and I sign it freely and voluntarily without any inducement.
By signing/agreeing to this document, I agree that if I am hurt or my property is damaged during my participation in any and all activities at North Carolina Baseball Academy, then I may be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against the parties being released on the basis of any claim for negligence.