Elite Summer Catching Camps 2022 | NC Baseball Academy
Elite Catching Camp at NC Baseball Academy is a position specific camps that is highly instructional and is designed to enhance and accelerate the catcher’s knowledge and overall skill level for ages 8-18. At our Elite summer Catching Camp learn all the proper mechanics and techniques of Receiving, Blocking, Footwork and Throwing to make yourself an elite catcher. Video analysis will help each catcher see what their strengths and weaknesses are at arguably the most important position on the field of play. Daily drill work and quality reps at the NC Baseball Academy Elite Catching Camp will take your skills to the next level.
The camp staff is headlined by NC Baseball Academy Assistant Director Jeff Guerrie and a supporting cast of college level players. The Elite Catching Camp is structured to allow each camper time with multiple coaches as they rotate around our camp work stations working on the finer points of catching.
Camps begin at 9:00 am and concludes at 12:00 each day except for the All Day Summer Camp which ends at 3:00 each day. Tuition includes all instruction and a camp tee shirt.
AGES: 8-12 & 13-18
DATES: July 25-27
All camps are non-refundable.
Typical Daily Camp Schedule
9:00 – 9:05 Daily Welcome of Campers and Agenda for the Day
9:05 – 9:30 Group instruction and demonstrations by camp staff
9:30 – 9:40 warm-up, light stretch, play catch to loosen arms.
9:40 – 9:45 Water Break, and divide players into groups
9:45- 11:55 Stations – All players rotate through each station.
*Water Breaks are taken on every rotation to keep campers hydrated and cool
11:55 – 12:00 Closing Remarks by Staff. Camp is dismissed
Camper Safety and Rules
- NO HAZING of other campers
- NO HORSE PLAY or Fighting Allowed
- Respect other campers equipment and gear
- NO TEASING of others
- Be on Time
- Wear Batting Helmets when hitting at all times.
- Put YOUR Equipment in your BAG
- When Throwing- eye contact is a must!
- Only throw balls and swing bats when instructed
- Have FUN, Listen and Work Hard! Most important Rule
What to Bring to Camp
- Comfortable Dress. Shorts or Baseball Pants (Pants may be preferred as players will be wearing shin guards most of the day)
- Tennis Shoes and Baseball Cleats
- Baseball Hat
- A full set of catcher’s equipment, cup, and mitt (NCBA has a limited amount of “loaner” gear)
- Sun Screen
- Drink is optional. Water will be provided.
- Any Snack you may need
- Batting Gloves if necessary
- Any medicine you may need. See Camp Director if special directions are needed.
Watching the Camp
NC Baseball Academy welcomes parents, grandparents and friends to all our camps to watch your child participate. Our baseball fields have bleachers and plenty of protective fencing to keep you safe. Warning: Sometimes batted balls or thrown balls make their way over these fences so extreme caution should be taken to stay safe at all times. Stay fully behind a fence and enjoy the excitement of watching your ballplayer perform.
Directions to NC Baseball Academy
NC Baseball Academy
1137 Pleasant Ridge Rd
Greensboro, NC 27409
How to Register for Summer Camp | NC Baseball Academy
Go to NC Baseball to register online or call us 336-931-1118