Elite Summer Pitching Camps 2023 | NC Baseball Academy
Elite Summer Pitching Camp at NC Basebal lAcademy is a position specific camp that is highly instructional and designed to enhance and accelerate the pitcher’s knowledge and overall skill level for ages 8-18. Learning proper movement patterns (pitching mechanics ), proper grips for all pitches, age appropriate pitches, proper off speed development, how to field your position, how to control the running game plus arm care exercises and overall strength discussions to build the complete pitcher. The Summer Pitching camp also includes Daily Mound Work, Video Analysis and Analytical Data with Rapsodo Technology.
Pitching camp staff is headlined by former 10-year Major League Pitcher and recent 2x USA Baseball National Team Head Pitching Coach Scott Bankhead. Scott will work the camp daily with his dedicated staff of pitching instructors to give back to young players by passing along his experience and knowledge of the game. Elite Pitching Camp is structured to allow each camper time with a multitude of coaches as they rotate around our camp stations to learn the finer points of pitching.
AGES: 8-12 & 13-18
DATES: June 26-28
All camps are non-refundable.
Typical Daily Camp Schedule
9:00 – 9:05 Daily Welcome of Campers and Agenda for the Day
9:05 – 9:25 Campers Break into Age Appropriate Groups. Functional Warm Up and Stretch
9:25 – 9:40 Loosen Arms. Work on Proper Throwing Techniques.
9:40 – 9:45 Water Break
9:45- 11:55 Station Work. Campers move to all work stations and work on pitching development.
*Water Breaks are given on every rotation to keep campers hydrated and cool
11:55 – 12:00 Closing Remarks by Staff. Camp is dismissed
Camper Safety and Rules
- NO HAZING of other campers
- NO HORSE PLAY or Fighting Allowed
- Respect other campers equipment and gear
- NO TEASING of others
- Be on Time
- Wear Batting Helmets when hitting at all times.
- Put YOUR Equipment in your BAG
- When Throwing- eye contact is a must!
- Only throw balls and swing bats when instructed
- Have FUN, Listen and Work Hard! Most important Rule
What to Bring to Camp
- Comfortable Dress. Shorts or Baseball Pants
- Tennis Shoes and Baseball Cleats
- Baseball Hat
- Baseball Bat and Glove.( Depends on the camp )
- Sun Screen
- Drink is optional. Water will be served.
- Any Snack you may need
- Batting Gloves if necessary
- Any medicine you may need. See Camp Director if special directions are needed.
Watching the Camp
NC Baseball Academy welcomes parents, grandparents and friends to all our camps to watch your child participate. Our baseball fields have bleachers and plenty of protective fencing to keep you safe. Warning: Sometimes batted balls or thrown balls make their way over these fences so extreme caution should be taken to stay safe at all times. Stay fully behind a fence and enjoy the excitement of watching your ballplayer perform.